MasterCard Principal BizOps Application Engineer in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal BizOps Application Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The BizOps Application team is looking for a Principal BizOps Application Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. They will possess a wide variety of technical experience covering systems administration, networking, virtualization and software deployment. A well-honed instinct for security and reliability is a must.
In this technical lead position, you will:
• Lead the BizOps Application team and assist where necessary at a technical level.
• Support a highly available, highly secure production environment running on Linux using various different open source applications
• Set standards and define detailed processes for effectively managing a production environment with minimal downtime
• Perform daily monitoring and maintenance of all software infrastructure components
• Be proactive and predictive, solve problems before they happen
• Embrace DevOps practices & methodologies
• Carefully plan application deployments, migrations and upgrades to minimize service impacts
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
• Advanced software experience (Linux/Unix, Java applications, automation, configuration management, scripting and software development)
• Advanced experience supporting highly available and fault tolerant systems (Databases, containers, proxies)
• Advanced Virtualization experience (VMware, Openstack)
• Advanced Cloud technologies experience (Azure, AWS or equivalent)
• Intermediate Networking experience (Ex. TCP/IP, UDP, Routing, Firewalls, load-balancers)
• Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
• Participate in on-call shifts, our service runs 24/7
• Security knowledge & experience (Ex. Encryption/Hardening/Certificates/PKI/SSH/VPN)
• Always look for potential solutions to solve problems
• Desire to document everything.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-160334