MasterCard Manager, Merchant Marketing in Toronto, Canada
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Merchant Marketing
• The Manager, Merchant Marketing is responsible for supporting and driving Mastercard’s vision of a World Beyond Cash by working with a team of marketers and sales teams bringing a more dynamic, value-driven proposition to Merchants while driving the consumer led strategy to create a valuable and consistent consumer experience at the merchants in-store and online.
• The Manager, Merchant Marketing partners with Market Development and Global/Regional/local B2B & Product marketing to champion the voice of merchants (across industry segments) and create win-win partnerships and strategic industry frameworks. These programs will be aimed at driving consumer passions to increase product usage at the point of sale and generate higher sales/incremental value for the merchant.
• Report into the Director, B2B & Product Marketing and work closely with the following key internal stakeholders:
o Canada Market Development
o Canada Marketing & Communications (Consumer, Digital & Sponsorships; B2B & Product Marketing; Communications) and North America Communications (B2B & Product Marketing)
o Canada Advisors
• Lead the creation of marketing strategies that align against the needs of the Region and support the full understanding of consumer needs by segment and verticals (i.e. Retail, Travel, Grocery, Online Commerce and other key focus areas)
• Contribute marketing expertise to analyze merchants’ consumer base, recognizing opportunities for Mastercard, with aim to provide the best customized solutions, which create long term merchant and consumer value
• Drive the delivery of world class marketing programs and support the development of continuing merchant strategy for Canada
• Participate on a multi-disciplinary work team organized around marketing and business processes.
• Lead the implementation of marketing strategies that clearly articulate a compelling and differentiated Merchant to consumer value proposition that defines our competitive advantage for Sales and for our business partners.
• Define and track B2B & B2B2C marketing success measures
• Oversees parts of B2B Marketing budget to ensure that all campaigns, programs, and activities are within allocated budget and forecasting
All About You:
• Bachelor Degree required
• Key merchant vertical experience in Grocery, Retail, Online commerce an asset
• Exceptional project management skills, timeline, budget and task management
• Strong experience in shopper marketing, trade marketing, customer marketing and/or partnership marketing with B2B2C focus
• Analytical marketing experience - ability to convert data points into information for action
• Expertise in consumer brand, promotions and direct marketing with specific skills in acquisition & retention marketing.
• Creative thinker with a desire and tenacity to test innovative customer solutions for potential roll-out
• Deep consultative/Solution sales experience with strong influencing and partnering skills
• Strong skills in having senior level discussions with customers to understand their business pain points and articulate solutions
• Strong track record and achievements in developing and delivering successful regional/local B2B & B2B2C marketing programs
• Ability to communicate succinctly and confidently to senior management as the need arises
• Ability to take existing business plan & strategy and develop future short/medium/long term growth opportunities with analysis and recommendation
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-67115