MasterCard Manager, Finance Business Partner in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Finance Business Partner
The Canada Finance team is looking for a Manager, Finance Business Partner responsible for end-to-end customer processes from deal analysis to ensuring contractual commitment fulfillment plus ad hoc ongoing financial analysis focused Merchants and Acquirers with a footprint within Canada. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Finance and is located in Toronto, ON Canada.
• The position requires strong analytical problem solving, business process improvement, and overall strong thought leadership.
• Manage deal process working with Account Managers to drive profitable deals
• Manage deal incentive process which includes monthly forecasting, compliance tracking and payment processing. Monitor and manage overall portfolio performance to evaluate individual program effectiveness
• Work with Sales team in support of timely and accurate preparation of financial models
• Work with management team to develop and maintain key driver reporting for several key market segments within the Canada market.
• Develop and manage strong business partner relationships with respect to inquiries, reporting and ad hoc requests
• Work closely with counterparts in NAM Region to drive accurate payment and reporting process
All About You:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or Accounting required
• The role requires understanding different business approaches and models and requires excellent team integration and support capability
• Capability to provide a balanced perspective from both a customer/Account Manager perspective and a finance organization perspective
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; highly proficient using MS Excel
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy and to manage multiple activities in a condensed timeframe
• Highly organized, strong data management and analysis skills
• Fast learner and able to link diverse sources of information to understand business trends including the ability to handle confidential information and materials
• Team oriented with the ability to communicate effectively and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels (including executive level) both internally and with external customers
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-187557