MasterCard Manager, Business Process Improvement in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business Process Improvement
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Customer Experience & Engagement team is looking for a Manager, Operational Excellence to help play a key role in bringing together our product, finance, sales, operations, data and technology groups to identify and understand the material issues facing the business, its operations and assist with developing appropriate solutions to existing and expected challenges.
If you enjoy identifying opportunities, solving problems, working with people and implementing solutions this is the role for you. The ideal candidate is passionate about operational efficiency and how that impacts the customer experience, highly motivated, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. You will leverage your exceptional consultative approach and identify pain-points, collaborate across multiple teams within Ethoca/Mastercard to devise the best solution possible.
You are a savvy communicator that can quickly build relationships across type-A stakeholders (business development, sales & account management, customer success, product management & development, compliance & risk, operations to name a few); and can expertly navigate these diverse and complex relationships to ensure resources are aligned to achieve our goal.
If you like a fast paced and dynamic environment, and want to combine your analytical, change management & communications skills to deliver exceptional experiences for our team and customers, then this is the role for you!
In this position you will:
• Lead engagements from initial research and analysis to implementation of value stream enhancements
• Facilitate fact-finding interviews and brainstorming workshops with cross-functional business partners to identify opportunities and solutions for the business
• Collaborate with product, finance, sales, operations, data and technology groups to determine the root cause of issues facing the business and its operations and devise appropriate solutions to existing and expected challenges
• Assist with developing a culture based on management by objectives, and accountability based on KPI’s by creating and tracking project success metrics and development of executive reporting scorecards as needed
• Be the change agent that motivates and empowers our employees to improve our operations and the way they work to positively impact our customers and partners
• Build, manage and sustain effective working relationships and communications with executives, engagement team members, and business partners at various levels of the organization.
• Gather information by participating in process observations, stakeholder interviews, and process mapping activities, and analyze collected data to present findings to various stakeholders.
• Analyze and interpret multiple data sets to find gaps in operational processes and opportunities to reduce effort and/or optimize revenue
• Support the development of process models, and corresponding artifacts to create a baseline that provides a representation of the current as-is and to-be business processes
• Identify and work to remove barriers that hamper or prevent the successful attainment of process / productivity improvements
• Participate in special assignments & strategic initiatives to support our business growth and to make us better – this can include project management oversight and/or functional expertise in task forces, new product launches and business transformations along with other duties as assigned.
• Have the ability to work and to take initiative and move activities forward with limited direction.
All About You
• You like to understand how things work, solve complex problems and work with people to design solutions
• Experience in Consulting (internal or external) driving change within a technology-based/data exchange organization
• Intermediate knowledge of Payments eco system (including Merchants, Issuers, and Processing)
• Strong knowledge in business process design, data analysis, diagnostic work, design thinking, change management, and/or project management.
• Experience with Lean or Six Sigma is considered an asset
• Able to produce & present project status (including reporting/dashboards) to all levels of the organization including executive audiences
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work
• The right soft skills to bring together parts of the organization to devise innovative and collaborative solutions
• Clear and effective communicator both internally and customer facing with various stakeholders (i.e. client management, customer service, technical resources, project managers, business leads). You’re not afraid of taking charge in a presentation.
• The ability to demonstrate successful delivery of change initiatives within an organization
• Proficient with MS Office Applications, Whiteboarding Tools, Power BI, Salesforce
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-187482