MasterCard Manager, Business Development in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business Development
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Market Development team is looking for a Manager, Market Development to grow our revenue by working with our Fintech partners and their partners. The Manager, Market Development will drive relationships and business enablement within this segment. The ideal candidate is passionate about the business development, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial and Fintech mindset. You will drive growth for Mastercard and support our strategic priorities.
Do you have a track record of exceeding your targets year over year, while simultaneously building rapport with your partners?
Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of payments technology?
Have you ever structured financial proposals and presented them to a customer?
Have you developed and executed against a comprehensive account plan?
In this client-facing position, you will:
• Partner with our Fintech partners and their partners, like prepaid enablers, to identify business opportunities, solve problems, and deliver solutions
• Conduct market development activities and leverage payments industry knowledge in developing Fintech partner relationships
• Take responsibility for driving revenue
• Apply complex deal development, sales discipline and collaborative approaches in order to achieve the desired results
• Onboard new customer
• Understand and keep up to date on all payment trends and products especially in relation to Fintech partners
• Develop existing Fintech relationships as to drive Mastercard strategy of key strategic products and services.
All About You
• Strong experience working for or with Fintech
• Strong project management skills - experience and a proven track record of managing simultaneous initiatives, solving problems and applying effective planning skills to deliver multiple initiatives successfully
• Excellent presentation and proposal development skills
• Continually look at the market and competition to see what is happening
• Look for complementary products or services that can also help the customer
• Be skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
• Strong team player with business acumen
• Financial modeling and excel experience
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Mastercard's core products, services, and rules
• Post-Secondary Education required, MBA preferred
• Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122102