MasterCard Lead BizOps Engineer in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead BizOps Engineer
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca, every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London, Dublin and Frankfurt.
THE IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Lead Infrastructure Administrator to join our team and help take on new projects as Ethoca continues to grow. The role will report to the Manager of BizOps and will work closely with the architectural, development & operational teams in the reliable, secure delivery of Ethoca’s services. The role will focus on Ethoca’s scalability, security, availability and performance.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record operating Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms in a production environment, ideally within the ecommerce space. They will possess a wide variety of technical experience covering systems administration, cloud administration, networking, storage, security, virtualization and software deployment. A well-honed instinct for security and reliability is a must.
• Provide technical leadership to BizOps team members with supporting our on-prem and public cloud deployments
• Support a highly available, highly-secure, hybrid production environment running on Linux systems in public cloud and on-prem deployments using various open source applications
• Set standards and define detailed processes for effectively managing a production environment with minimal downtime
• Perform daily monitoring and maintenance of all hardware/software infrastructure components including servers, virtual machines, storage area networks, etc.
• Be proactive and predictive, solve problems before they happen
• Embrace DevOps practices & methodologies
• Provide application and product support and troubleshooting of the Ethoca platform
• Use your experience to shape the future of our production infrastructure
• Be willing to learn new technologies and assist with architecture and design
• Work efficiently within a high security environment (Ethoca is PCI-DSS Level 1 certified)
• Communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
• Technical or team leadership experience in a 24/7 environment
• Linux/Unix experience
• Experience supporting highly available and fault tolerant systems
• Java Application support experience
• 7+ years of Virtualization experience
• 5+ years of Cloud (Azure & AWS) technologies experience
• 2+ years networking experience (Ex. TCP/IP, UDP, Routing, Firewalls, load-balancers)
• Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
• Participate in on-call shifts, our infrastructure runs 24/7
• Security knowledge & experience (Ex. Encryption/Hardening/Certificates/PKI/SSH/VPN)
• Expert problem solver by applying problem analysis methodologies
What Sets You Apart:
• Database familiarity or experience
• OpenStack Experience
• Ansible/Chef experience
• Skill at automation (Ex. Orchestration, scripting or development)
• Desire to automate everything, automate anything
• Software development education or experience
• Desire to document everything
• PCI-DSS or similar experience (ex. financial/government/healthcare)
• Understanding of the ITIL framework
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-171256