MasterCard Director, Software Development Engineering in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Software Development Engineering
To support our continued growth and success, we are recruiting a Director of Software Development. We are undergoing a technology evolution at Ethoca as we move towards a distributed architecture in the cloud and are looking for a passionate technologist to help lead us through the journey while at the same time addressing our customer needs on our existing platform. Reporting to the VP of Product Development, this is a highly visible role that requires collaboration across multiple departments.
• Lead and grow multiple high performing scrum teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Champion department-wide initiatives to improve the product development group.
• Demonstrate very strong technical leadership and people management skills, including hiring, coaching, managing performance, and motivating.
• Drive the successful delivery of regular software releases in an Agile Scrum environment with a focus on continuous integration and automation.
• Exemplify and develop a team culture which motivates quality, productivity and innovation.
• Provide leadership with respect to career growth, coaching and training.
• Collaborate with other technology leaders and departments (ex. product management, customer service, production operations) to achieve business goals.
• Work effectively with the world's largest eCommerce merchants and financial institutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years experience managing high performance teams, including hiring, coaching, and performance management.
• A hands-on leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and experience working through the challenges of a small and rapidly growing product or service company.
• Experience with leading Agile teams while advocating and developing Agile values and principles.
• Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) principles, Build and Test Automation.
• Experience with distributed, high-throughput systems using elastic run-times, 12 factor microservices, and distributed datastores is a plus.
• Experience working in a PCI DSS environment working with sensitive data is a plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-108733