MasterCard Director - Product Management - New Payment Platforms in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director - Product Management - New Payment Platforms
• Identify Real-time Payments application and services opportunities with the Real-Time Rail
• Product ideation and design for identified new product opportunities
• Partner with product and other stakeholders in Canada across consumer, commercial and government teams to identify needs, gaps and strategic fit for new products
• Work collaboratively with internal regional and global partners across NAM and other global product groups to support new product ideation, launch and related business initiatives
• Work with New Payments Platforms leadership on defining Go-to-market strategies for identified product/s
• Business casing and P&L ownership
• Support New Payments Platforms leadership on discussions and workstreams with Payments Canada, Financial Institutions and other eco-system partners for product launches and drive adoption
• Support product management functions for existing New Payments Platforms products
• Support New Payments Platforms Canada on the delivery of ongoing project implementation, ensuring key project deadlines and other program metrics are delivered as per expectation
• Support on the execution and refinement of Canada’s New Payments Platforms Strategy
• Support executive updates and discussions on Real-Time Payments strategic initiatives
• Partner with internal public policy/regulatory groups to keep a current view on the landscape
Fit for the Job
• Do you have a proven ability to manage complexity in a fast-paced environment?
• Experienced and/or interested in the world of ACH, Real-Time Payments, Wire Payments, Cross-Border Payments, International ACH and other emerging payments rails and protocols?
• Have you led strategy projects?
Expert level competencies in the following are required:
• Strategic thinking including industry analysis
• Understanding of electronic payments – including ACH, Wire Payments, Cross-Border Payment Flows, Real-Time Payments, Foreign Exchange, and other emerging payments
• P&L management
• Project Management and Relationship Management skills
• Decision Making and Critical Thinking
• Payments knowledge – either at a bank, financial tech company, or payment network
• Effective Communications – story telling, strong presentation skills, executive presence
• Influencing & Partnering – ability to work well in cross-functional initiatives
• Self-starter / motivated to work independently and as an effective team member
• Excellent collaboration skills – internally across business, technology, and delivery teams, and externally with clients and other stakeholders
• Expert level of demonstrated presentation skills
Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122572