MasterCard Director, Operations & Revenue Optimization in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Operations & Revenue Optimization
Reporting to the Vice President, Customer Experience & Engagement, the successful candidate will have leadership over two business-critical, high impact centers of excellence – Operational Excellence & Revenue Optimization. In this unique role, you will first leverage your (and your teams) expertise in continuous improvement and business process design to ensure that as Ethoca’s business grows (and we add more products and customers) that our core operations are set up to scale and to succeed in a differentiated way. We care about efficiency – but not at the expense of our world class, award winning Customer Experience delivery, and your operational excellence program must be aligned to this ethos. In addition to helping us scale (prudently) for our growth, your recommendations and requirements must consider our employee experience first and foremost. Without our people, everything else fails in our model and culture.
Secondly, you will directly impact and contribute to our business growth by developing a revenue optimization strategy for our existing Customer base that is designed to organically grow our core revenue in a manner that is value driven so our customers achieve the most value and efficacy for the products that they subscribe to. Your team is also accountable for the execution of this remit, and you will lead their efforts to design campaigns, secure internal resources, and monitor progress towards your annual revenue goal.
This position also is accountable for strategic, enterprise level executive reporting and ad hoc assignments as assigned by our executive team (and CEO). You must be not only comfortable in working with large data sets, but you also are excited by leveraging this data to craft and tell compelling stories. You might be a self-professed data wizard, and those skills will be invaluable for completing this work in an autonomous way; or directing your Sr. Analysts to elevate their own analysis & output.
This is a global role that must quickly learn to navigate regional teams, matrixed reporting structures and a diverse customer base in a fast paced, highly competitive industry. You will need to leverage your strong relationship building skills and influence with your partners across Customer Experience, Product, Sales, Technology, Data Services, and other corporate functions to effectively deliver on your mandate.
If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, ever changing environment (ambiguity is the norm) where you can make and integral impact on a growing organization then this role is for you.
• You will embrace our STAR (Speed, Transparency, Advice and Reliability) culture and way we work.
• Proactively identify high-impact projects and execute against your strategic priorities for the business/CX group. Gathers and integrates information to promote the effective and profitable core operations.
• You will quickly entrench yourself in our business and learn more than the fundamentals – you must get close to the details and be comfortable navigating from high-level strategy to in the weeds design
• Develop a multi-pronged revenue growth and/or stimulation program to ensure our customers are getting the most value from the services to which they subscribe
• Analysis of business processes, develop hypothesis, synthesize findings, and communicate opportunities for improvement. You will work with stakeholders to interpret operational impact and financial results, understands the operating environment & emerging trends and provides planning, support and recommendations to improve operational effectiveness and customer performance
• You can build a rock-solid business case AND implementation plan. Crisply and concisely communicating ROI to executive teams.
• Lead strategic projects; including identifying key stakeholders, gaining buy-in and commitment, and managing a plan to hit milestone dates
• Be a change agent that motivates and empowers our employees to improve our core operations and the way they work in a measurable and repeatable way.
• Champion (and lead by example) a high-performance environment and implement a people-first strategy to attract, retain and grow your direct reports.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Several years of progressive experience in operational management (payments, fraud, financial services or SaaS considered assets)
• Seasoned leader over a P&L and growing the core revenue base of a product / business line
• Strong project management skills, with PMP or Lean Six Sigma certifications considered an asset
• Passionate people leader, with the ability to motivate and grow professional talent. You are not afraid of having people smarter than you on your team! Minimum 5 years of direct management is required.
• Expert level data analytics and reporting skills. Excel, Power BI and Salesforce will be your daily operating environments.
• Superior communication skills: you are savvy in navigating complex conversations up, down, and across the organization – and with our customers too!
• Post-secondary degree in a relevant field such as business, finance, industrial engineering, or other related discipline is considered an asset
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-132637