MasterCard Director, Digital Payments Solutions in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Digital Payments Solutions
The Canadian Digital Payments Team successfully develops and advances an integrated strategy for Mastercard that demonstrates digital payments leadership in the Canadian Market
• We provide our partners with the products and platforms necessary to enable our customers to be successful in the execution of their digital strategies.
• The Director, Digital Payments Solutions is responsible for leading the strategy and execution in support of the North America Digital Payments priorities and goals. This includes developing the go-to-market strategies to commercialize products like MDES in Canada and act as a thought leader with customers on the convergence of payment channels and technologies.
• He/she will work in alignment with the regional & global product development organization, in market development and account management teams to derive issuer, merchant and consumer needs and issues
• Have you ever brought a product to market ?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving Canada into the next generation of converged commerce?
• Work with region team as well as global product teams to develop product strategies and implementation plans for the success of the Digital Payments products in Canada.
• Identify and develop regional partnerships to help accelerate the delivery of the Mastercard's Digital Consumer Solutions API product suite.
• Work closely with Global Product Development, local account teams, Expert Sales and other colleagues to understand Mastercard, issuer, merchant and consumer needs and issues
• Collaborate with Account Management, Market Development, Marketing and Communications teams and others across the region to ensure understanding of market strategies and drive alignment to the regional and global strategy
• Support Market Development and Account teams as needed meeting with clients and communicating the digital convergence and credential management strategies, product innovation, business building strategies and overall market direction
• Assess and understand the digital payments landscape, competition, market direction and trends
• Effectively engage Consumer and Customer Marketing, Communications and other colleagues to support the launch of new products, features and functionality
• Lead cross functional projects, identifying and including appropriate resources, budgets, departments, and customers in the creation and implementation of new converged payment products, policies and features
• Identify strategic business-building opportunities in products and services that can be offered, developed and implemented to customers
All About You:
• Expertise in the payment/technology industry in product management, market development, product development with solid knowledge of Digital Payments area
• Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced; dynamic work environment - Startup experience or working in new product development/innovation departments of a larger corporation is preferred
• Strong operational/technical background within the payments and financial services industries
• Leadership experience in product management and development
• Success in leading cross-functional projects and teams effectively and delivering results
• Understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends
• Ability to identify new opportunities and solutions. As well as making connections between consumer trends, unmet needs, and technology
• Ability to interpret macro-economic and demographic trends, with an ability to craft research and validation processes that support the selection of features and functions that support digital payment growth opportunities
• Strong analytical skills and proven ability to tackle/solve complex problems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills–with the ability to capture and reflect complex topics in simple terms. Public Speaking and strong storytelling skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, graduate level degree preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128336