MasterCard Director, CRA Governance in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, CRA Governance
Responsible for developing and driving data strategies for the product and services teams. The team ensures that Mastercard maintains and increases the value of Mastercard’s data assets as we build new products and services that collect, use or share data.
The Director, CRA Governance is responsible for understanding, creating, documenting and operating Mastercard’s governance program for complying with applicable credit reporting laws on a global basis by virtue of Mastercard’s being a service provider and user of a captive credit bureau.
Director, CRA Governance
• Transform legal and policy requirements for the collection, use and sharing of regulated credit-related data into operational governance requirements.
• Based on those requirements, design a governance program that enables the use of regulated credit-related data for further innovation by ensuring the access, use and sharing of that data is in compliance with law and Mastercard policy. Operate that program in partnership with the teams that access, use and share that data.
• Create process and controls to further the governance program to enable internal teams to comply with the governance program.
• Develop procedures for ensuring that credit products comply with applicable global fair lending laws, including the Fair Credit Report Act (FCRA) – including implementing model governance for all credit models and attributes
• Understand the Finicity and related Open Banking team’s business strategy, information infrastructure and data needs for both new and existing products and services across various product initiatives within the respective business unit.
• Develop documentation and templates for the analytics teams to leverage to comply with the CRA governance program and to demonstrate their compliance with the program to customers and regulators.
• Regularly evaluate the performance of the model governance to evaluate efficacy and continually improve the program.
• Expand and adjust program to include ongoing regulatory, technical and business changes.
• Educate relevant business teams to comply with CRA governance and support them as needed.
All About You
• Experience in control processes, process development, process documentation, and process adoption.
• Ability to create governance and control program
• Experience in data related fields, particularly in the credit related space.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings and must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team
• Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must
• Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to understand complex information product constructs
• Familiarity with industry best practices for collection and use of data
• Motivated self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129644