MasterCard Director, Business Development in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development
Our Canadian Market Development team is continually striving to deliver world-class solutions to our partners in the merchant community. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to take on a role reporting to the Vice President, Business Development. The right candidate is results driven and can develop rapport with both external and internal partners. Working closely with cross-functional teams, this individual will work diligently with our prospects to grow new customer business and drive revenues while meeting strategic objectives. Our team focuses on delivering customized solutions in several areas including digital, loyalty, cyber security, market insights and advisory consulting.
• Identifies new business opportunities with key prospects and executes strategic sales plans to drive revenue
• Analyzes merchants’ existing business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis in order to develop detailed business cases
• Establishes strong relationships with executive contacts, creating cohesive partnerships and repeatable revenue opportunities
• Supports strategically significant organizational initiatives, including cross-selling of key Mastercard products, capabilities and solutions to deepen relationships
• Provides consultative market insights to merchant partners and reinforces Mastercard’s position as a leader in the industry
• Assumes responsibility for the entire customer contract agreement process, synthesizing input from internal stakeholders and taking lead in contract negotiations
• Develops account plans and strategies to achieve business growth in Canadian market
• Maintains a detailed opportunity pipeline, utilizing CRM platform to pursue existing and new opportunities
• Manages and motivates a sales team to deliver strategic and revenue, while unlocking new opportunities
All About You:
• Motivated self-starter, ability to work independently, able to identify and direct activities to achieve objectives
• Experience working in a sales role (business development and/or account management) or on teams that work cross-functionally with product and solutions sales specialists
• Experience interfacing with emerging and new verticals in particular is desirable
• Ability to manage and grow internal and external cross functional relationships and partnerships
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing complex, competitive sales efforts and project management
• Committed to continuous learning, and enjoys keeping up with trends in a constantly evolving industry
• Ability work effectively in a highly matrixed organization.
• Demonstrated multi-disciplinary knowledge, i.e. product development, business development, marketing, operations, risk, and emerging technologies.
• Excellent strategic thinking and analytical skills and a proven track record of creating solutions that increase revenue
• Proven ability to translate data into insights, and communicate recommendations to customers in a way that’s easy to understand
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-152929