MasterCard Director, B2B Marketing in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, B2B Marketing
The Canada Integrated Marketing & Communications (IMC) Team, as part of North America and Worldwide Integrated Marketing & Communications, drives the development and execution of all strategic marketing and comms plans and programs for Canada, from B2C to B2B, and B2B2C via issuing and merchant partners.
The Director, B2B Marketing is a core member of the Canada IMC team, which includes Consumer Marketing & Sponsorships, B2B & Product Marketing, and Communications:
• Critical to this position is the ability to lead annual strategic planning for the B2B Marketing function (Issuer and Merchants), in partnership with US and Global B2B Marketing teams, and our valued customers
• Lead marketing innovation mandate for Canada’s B2B marketing team, and – as required – lead development & implementation of solutions across NAM with an eye for ability to scale globally
• Support the growth of the Mastercard business by participating in the deal & RFP process with potential and existing partners, developing and presenting strong Mastercard marketing solutions to win partner deals and generate added marketing value
• Develop strong relationships & annual plans with Mastercard’s merchant and acquiring partners to satisfy mutually-beneficial objectives
• Define and track B2B2C marketing success measures and reporting methodology. Influence marketing investment strategy supported by business cases, process and proof of ROI to maximize and efficiencies across all marketing activity
• Leverage consumer and industry insights as well as direct customized research initiatives to identify brand and marketing superiority claims for use in business development pitches
• In partnership with Product Marketing and the North America Research & Insights team, define and execute on Canada’s thought leadership strategy to benefit our partners
• In partnership with Issuer Account Management & Market Development, lead the development and delivery of world class issuer B2B2C marketing programs in support of key Mastercard products, solutions and key marketing platforms aligned to Canada business priorities and Global Marketing focus areas
• Proactively identify, develop and implement effective issuer marketing programs in partnership with Mastercard Data & Services, designed to meet customer objectives and Mastercard business priorities
• Manage integration of cross-functional relationships with Market Development, Issuer Account Management, and Mastercard Data & Services
• Manage team across Issuer and Merchant Marketing, providing clear direction, coaching and development opportunities. Cultivate the role’s objective setting, developmental action, planning and coaching
• Team management experience, including people management and development
• Knowledge of payments business & fintech a strong plus
• Strong business & planning acumen and ability to engage with and navigate local and global teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects, with high attention to detail
• Strong sense of urgency and organizational skills
• Strong business relationship skills – influencing, negotiating, building mutually beneficial programs – for the purpose of delivering marketing value and business growth to Mastercard
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Self-directed; ability to think independently
• Executive acumen, detail-oriented, organized, highly motivated, focused on results
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121341