MasterCard Director- Account Management - New Payments Platforms in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director- Account Management - New Payments Platforms
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals, businesses and governments around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
As Mastercard Canada seeks to define a world beyond cash and cheques, we are pursuing payment opportunities leveraging non-card technologies and continuing our rapid push past consumer-to-business payments. As a multi-rail payments company, the New Payment Platforms team in Canada works with Canada’s major eco-system partners to build new payments infrastructure, new and alternate payment rails, new products, capabilities and services for Mastercard in Canada and beyond.
Mastercard Canada is looking for a Director- Account Management, New Payments Platforms. Reporting to the Lead of New Payment Platforms in Canada, the Director – Account Management will be responsible for supporting strategic relationships management and product initiatives related to Canada’s Real-Time Payments strategy as well as other New Payment Platforms products and services
· Serve as primary relationship contact for New Payments Platforms partner relationships with key eco-system partners for day-to-day activities
· Develop and execute on plan to establish new and differentiated partnerships that drive value for Mastercard and Mastercard’s customers
· Facilitate discussions with partners and internal product groups to advance our new payment flow strategies across Real-Time Payments, cross border and domestic payment flows
· Monitor all partner and product arrangements, negotiate terms of agreements as required
· Adhere to account management disciplines
· Maintain a holistic view of many touchpoints and developments with the Canada’s Real-Time Payments eco-system partners and stakeholders and Industry Influencers
· Support on the execution and ongoing refinement of Canada’s New Payments Platforms Strategy
· Support executive updates and discussions on Real-Time Payments strategic vision of eco-system partners and participants and alignment with Mastercard’s strategic vision
· Work collaboratively with internal regional and global partners to support business initiatives
· Work closely with internal public policy and regulatory partners to keep a current view on the industry landscape
· Support the infrastructure project and New Payments Platforms product leads on the delivery of ongoing project implementation, ensuring key project deadlines and other program metrics are delivered as per expectation
· Prospect and develop a pipeline of potential partners
Fit for the Job
· Do you have a proven ability to manage complex and new relationships in a fast-paced environment?
· Do you have experience and interest in real time payments ecosystems and opportunities?
· Have you led strategy projects?
Expert level competencies in the following are required:
· Strategic thinking including industry analysis
· Relationship Management skills
· Decision Making and Critical Thinking
· Payments knowledge – either at a bank, financial tech company, or payment network
· Effective Communications – story telling, visual presentation, executive-level presentation skills, executive presence
· Influencing & Partnering – ability to work well in cross-functional initiatives
· Self-starter / motivated to work independently and as an effective team member
· Proficiency in SFDC
· Expert level of demonstrated presentation skills
· Demonstrated understanding / experience in Real-Time Payments – in relationship management, consultative sales, solutions and/or program and delivery management
· Experience in client management strategy and execution in the Payments industry
· Track record in achieving success/profitability and business case realization for key customer accounts
· Excellent collaboration skills – internally across business, technology and delivery teams, and externally with clients and other stakeholders.
· Experience leading and guiding cross-functional teams (e.g. Advisory, Product, Delivery, Technology, Markets) to drive solutions, delivery and growth.
· Demonstrated success in incorporating new solutions into existing customer account
· Experience in negotiating challenging situations and closing complex deals
· Demonstrated experience in executive engagement
· Bilingual candidates with fluency in French would be an asset
Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122574