MasterCard Cloud Architect, Platform/API in Toronto, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Cloud Architect, Platform/API
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the
way global merchants and issuers combat fraud and increase payment acceptance through
collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale
thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought
leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the
freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate.
Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take
it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Ethoca is proving that ecommerce should be about one thing: commerce. Fraud and chargebacks disrupt
the entire ecommerce payments ecosystem, driving both card issuers and merchants to focus on
resolving disputes instead of increasing card acceptance and revenue. Ethoca’s suite of card acceptance
and fraud mitigation services changes all that.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London, Paris, Phoenix
and Melbourne. Through our global network of confirmed fraud and customer dispute data, Ethoca
helps more than 5,400 merchants 570 card issuers in 40+ countries stop fraud, eliminate chargebacks,
increase acceptance and improve the customer experience every day.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Cloud Architect with extensive
experience on Azure. The incumbent will work closely with scrum teams and Production Operations to
ensure smooth migration of existing or new applications to Azure. You will be overseeing the end to end
solution of our migration strategy to the cloud while ensuring they are scalable, resilient, compliant and
most of all contributing to the overall company goals.
• Engage with technical and non-technical team members on delivering large scale cloud
migration initiatives across multiple Ethoca product lines
• Design, Deploy and maintain enterprise-class security, network, and systems management
applications within an Azure environment.
• Design and implement availability, scalability, performance and disaster recovery plans for the
• Provide thought leadership in cloud computing
• Maintain Architecture principals and Strategy, Roadmap for Ethoca’s cloud journey
• Create POCs to validate fit for purpose
• Implement process and quality improvements through task automation. Institute infrastructure
as code and automation with terraform reusable modules.
• Build secure cloud native Infrastructure and platform solutions supporting highly available realtime use cases
• Be a change agent for adopting best practices
Required Skills and Experience:
• Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
• 5 years of experience implementing cloud-based solution architectures with a focus on Azure
• Experience with one or more programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java, or Go.
• Proven track record of successfully migrating on-premise application to Azure
• Solid understanding of distributed systems
• Experience designing high throughput horizontally scalable systems (10k TPS)
• Experience in architecting, designing and administration of hybrid and public cloud Azure
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and SaaS
• In depth experience with Azure stack implementation, with hands on experience with App
Services, Azure SQL Database, NoSQL, Azure Networking concepts, Express Route, DNS, Load
• Experience with setting up a continuous delivery pipeline to production (Jenkins, Log Analytics,
• Good understanding of data governance and how regulations can impact data storage and
processing solutions such as GDPR and PCI
• Soft Skills such as writing proposals and presenting up to C-Levels is a must
• Microsoft Azure certification desirable
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to ￼email@example.com￼ with
“￼Cloud Architect- Azure” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we
believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any
other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a
diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-108738