MasterCard Vice President, Product Management in Tokyo, Japan
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Product Management
• Bring the best of Mastercard to clients. Owner and manager of long-term and short-term strategic initiatives for consumer credit, debit, and prepaid core products, loyalty solutions, C&I and digital and manage P&L and ensure high quality delivery- to bring best holistic solutions to clients
• Sets core product (credit, debit, prepaid) and service (C&I, Loyalty) strategy for respective products and services, and manages go to market product service execution end to end
• Drives flawless service and execution of products and services
• Drive go-to-market strategy, optimize products and resources, implement incremental improvements within the product’s life cycle, conduct ongoing care and maintenance, and manage P&L- and integrate and architect client facing solutions
• Mission is to differentiate Mastercard’s product service competitiveness in Japan and drive revenue aligned with Japan strategy by bringing the best Mastercard products and services (C and I, Loyalty, Digital, Core) to the client
• Key member of Japan Leadership Team reporting to Japan Division President and dotted into EVP AP P&I
• Creates value narrative for customers and translate overall strategy to Frontline Sales
Aligns product and services resources with the most important projects and Integrates newly acquired resources and existing capabilities into markets and segments
• Aggregates expertise during solution bundling and helps Salesforce ‘tell the story’ to customer. Main partner to Frontline Sales during solutioning to maximize the impact of solutions for the customer
• Responsible for end to end delivery. Ensures systems architecture and technical specifications to customer to ensure feasibility of bespoke implementation. Supports delivery teams (e.g., CD, O&T) during implementation phase
• Set strategy and goals for Consumer credit, debit and prepaid for Japan via joint planning with internal cross-functional partners and customers aligned with Japan Strategy. Drive execution by curating best products and solutions for clients and ensuring high quality execution.
• Work across P&I, Government, Sales, Acceptance, Private Public Partnerships, and other teams to deliver solutions & support go to market plans
• Ensure and manage delivery of flawless and high quality execution
• Design compelling, differentiated and relevant consumer credit, debit and prepaid and services (c and I, loyalty, digital) that leverage MasterCard's systems, intellectual property, marketing programs and commercial assets to drive differentiation and revenue growth for the MasterCard’s customers.
• Advises recommends and influences product pricing, and oversees the development of training and other product support materials for MasterCard's most critical products
• Acts as an expert, advocate and champion for designated products to internal and external stakeholders Provide subject matter expertise for areas of responsibility best practices, case studies, tool kits
• People manager to consumer credit, debit, prepaid product team and also C&I and Loyalty solutions teams
• Embed Product Management Excellence and consumer insights in all product development and management activities
• Lead business case/requirements for the introduction of new products/features/functionalities/platforms, including P&L analysis.
All About You
• Problem solver- strategic thinker can develop fact based competitive strategies and develop compelling product service positioning
• You Deliver- Not only strategise but passionate about delivering end to end high impact for customers
• Client Leader- Can credibly articulate and execute “consultative selling”
• Subject Matter expert in products and services or track record of fast learner
• Great people manager- track record of delivering great results through teams- solid track record in people management life cycle- hiring, training, development coaching, consequence management
• Great Japanese and English communication skills
• Product Management experience and/or track record of fast learner
• Strong client leadership
• Strong project management skills
• Technical and system understanding a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136631