MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Advisors in Tokyo, Japan
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Advisors
• MasterCard Advisors, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, and analytics to financial institutions and merchants worldwide.
• With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, MasterCard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances MasterCard's strategic and tactical performance and establishes MasterCard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
• The Senior Managing Consultant has the responsibility to help grow and manage the MasterCard Advisors business as a whole in Japan and East Asia working closely with the Advisors head of Japan, Korea, and Hong Kong
• The SMC will effectively manage a pipeline of pursuits from early lead stages through to signature, project kickoff and delivery. These pursuits will vary greatly in scope and value and, although the pipeline will be driven mainly by traditional bank card issuers, the SMC’s range will also encompass: merchants, airlines and hotel chains; acquirers and processors; government entities; as well as new entrants and non-traditional players in the virtual and physical payments ecosystem
• The SMC will draw on a broader team of Advisors colleagues in Japan as well as further afield, including strategy consultants and specialists (risk, marketing, analytics etc.), to architect solutions that add significant value to our clients
• The SMC will work effectively with MasterCard account relationship managers in Japan to gain access to senior clients, bring valuable insights to bear, and expeditiously match customer needs with Advisors’ and other MasterCard solutions
• Candidates for this role will likely have answered ‘yes’ to at least one of the following questions:
o Have you managed complex retail banking and/or payments strategy projects?
o Have you ever helped to launch a new credit, debit, pre-paid card business or product?
o Do you have a point of view on the potential impact of digital payments in Japan? Or co-branding? Or B2B payments using cards?
• Deliver on the numbers:
Surpass MasterCard Advisors sales and revenue targets for Japan across all three business lines (Consulting, Managed Services and Information Services)
Take a leading role in winning major MasterCard Worldwide deal bids, including influencing network RFP decisions and cross-selling MasterCard value-added services (within and beyond MasterCard Advisors)
• Build peer relationships and become trusted advisor with senior level clients mostly in Japan and potentially East Asia, capturing these clients’ implicit business needs in addition to articulated requests and identifying the most critical aspects of the problem
• Translate objectives into key hypotheses and structure work for large/complex projects or ill-defined problems
• Lead formal and informal pitches, from “storyboarding” through face-to-face presentation and create succinct, persuasive written materials tailored to the “level” of the audience
• Oversee project delivery through to successful completion over and above what was promised to clients and ensuring continuous and expanded follow-on work
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Experience in top management consulting firms
• Experience in relevant industry (preferred but not required): superior knowledge of payments in general, loyalty, co-branding, digital marketing, security and risk management, innovation and/or big data and analytics
• Knowledge of the Japanese market, trends and opportunities
• Demonstrates the ability to initiate, develop, and close a sale
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills, including ability to frame the customer’s opportunity in financial terms (i.e. value quantification)
• Demonstrated ability to develop and project a credible point of view on a variety of industry topics, to act as a trusted advisor to senior clients, and to show thought leadership at an industry level
• Ability to think from the perspective of the customer
• Ability to gain consensus with others and coordinate team of consultants and subject matter experts around goal
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Proficiency in written and verbal English and in Japanese
• Bachelor’s and post-graduate degrees (MBA or other) from leading universities
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-87579