MasterCard Manager, Business Development, Data & Services, Japan in Tokyo, Japan
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business Development, Data & Services, Japan
The Business Development Lead is a member of the Japan Sales & Servicing team under the global Data & Services organization at Mastercard. Data & Services has an exciting mission to transform Mastercard from a card payments network to a Technology company, by implementing sophisticated AI platforms, Big Data solutions, and strategic and marketing consulting services to support our business partners and clients around the globe. As a key member of the Japan team, you will be responsible for sales engagements at senior management level with key Issuer and Merchant clients in Japan. In addition, you are expected to be involved in the execution of consulting / data analytics projects by supervising delivery teams to deliver high impact solutions to our clients.
Managing the Sales Process
• Leading end-to-end sales efforts from research and storyboarding to client presentations and contract signing
• Engaging with the core payments teams to assess client needs and provide strategic guidance
• Leading key regional and local strategic initiatives to grow the Data & Services P&L
• Ensuring product development efforts meet the needs of clients in Japan
• Oversee project delivery through to successful completion while building strong client relationships
• Achieve personal sales targets responsibly and ethically, and with customer needs in mind
Support the Core Payments business at Mastercard
• Helping Mastercard win strategic proprietary & co-branded programs to increase Mastercard’s share of spend in Japan
• Developing best-in-class Data & Services programs to differentiate Mastercard versus competitors
• Build and inculcate relationships to become a trusted advisor to Senior/Executive level clients
The position will be based in Japan and will require occasional travel within Japan, and infrequently outside Japan when required.
All About You
• Experience in analyzing client needs and engaging senior executives at consulting presentations
• Highest level of self-motivation with a hunting-attitude, as well as logical thinking
• Ability to develop compelling sales narratives in influencing sales closure
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, develop, and close a sale
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in Japanese language. Minimum business level of English.
• Knowledge of the Japan banking/Payments industries and basic understanding of the 4-party payments model
• Consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm
• Ability to work on a team or independently
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience in Cards/Payments/Fintech companies
• Proven sales expertise in software, technology, and marketing/loyalty platforms
• Proficiency in written and verbal English
• Consulting Experience at a reputable consulting firm with international practices
• Analytic skills and Excel modeling abilities
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• MBA from a leading university or business school
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130659