MasterCard Director, B2B Marketing in Tokyo, Japan
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, B2B Marketing
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere, by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Our innovations and solutions use secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion for helping individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, B2B Marketing
B2B Marketing Director will play an essential role in Mastercard's growth in Japan, reflecting market and category growth and undergoing profound brand transformation. The role will report to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Northeast Asia, supporting Japan-specific agenda for building and leading effective marketing and communications initiatives.
This role's critical aspect is to perform business-to-consumer marketing on behalf of a partner; co-market Mastercard offerings through Mastercard & partner channels by delivering value-driven marketing programs that benefit consumers, partners, and Mastercard. This role should provide leadership & expert advice on executing effective B2B2C marketing campaigns to internal account teams & partners by fully leveraging the global brand footprint and the local business strategy.
This role would be ideal for an individual who enjoys working with cross-functional teams and is able to influence others to deliver joint goals. He/ She should have a thorough knowledge of multi-channel marketing, be experienced in managing marketing programs to execution, have a business outcome-based mindset, be comfortable managing project budgets, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
There are 3 distinct but related areas of responsibilities for this role:
- Execute go-to-market B2B2C marketing campaigns with partners
• Deliver & implement marketing programs and visual identity by ensuring consistent brand positioning and management of assets with partners. You will execute B2B2C programs across a variety of categories.
• Works with account teams and partners' marketing groups to deliver marketing programs that drive customer value and shift consumer behavior for Mastercard
• Review & assess creative content across channels and evaluate their effectiveness against campaign goals
• Recommends future adjustments based on results of campaign performance measurement and evaluation
- Strategic leadership support on marketing planning & RFPs with partners
• Serve as the voice of the stakeholder by partnering with account teams to create marketing solutions for customers (banks, telcos, retail & commerce) and leverage Mastercard’s assets and marketing platforms to deliver a consistent and differentiated experience.
• Develops partner marketing strategies for different segments of merchants, issuers, etc., confirms alignment with account teams on objectives and partner engagement, and communicates strategies
• Leads and oversees efforts to respond to customer RFPs and develop marketing-related materials
• Crafts and recommends value proposition of Mastercard marketing assets for partners
- Offer management & communications
• Offer is one of the content pieces in the marketing mix. You will be working with different stakeholders to provide leadership on the design of offers, including mechanics, as well as communicating the most effective ways to incentivize partners’ leverage.
• Own & manage the B2B offers depository platform for optimum use by both internal and external audiences; including reviewing partners’ creatives for approval prior to launch
• Develops internal communications for account and marketing teams on program success and deployable marketing assets to drive partner growth
• Executes offer program/campaign to create awareness and usage by partners as well as to their consumer base via B2B2C campaigns.
• At least 12 years of working in a marketing or related functions
• Demonstrated success in partnering with outside companies and serving as go-to person, strengthening value-based relationships at peer level or above
• Proven ability to leverage multiple sources of data to identify insights and build a business case for value-driven partner marketing program development
• Strong track record and achievements in developing and delivering B2B marketing programs
• Proficient in the fundamentals of marketing and with a clear customer focus.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor. Ability to consistently think and act proactively.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization with multiple stakeholders to deliver accurate and on-time project deliverables
• Fluency in English and Japanese
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182649