MasterCard Director, Account Management in Texas
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Account Management
Our North America sales organization is seeking to a build a diverse, strategic and consultative workforce of world-class relationship managers, problem-solvers, and technologists. We are looking for an Account Manager to join our team as an individual contributor who can drive value for a client while driving results.
As part of the US Regional Accounts team you will be tasked with managing relationships for a number of accounts and will be responsible for growing a portfolio including Credit, Debit, Small Business and Commercial Cards. In addition, you will drive market share and revenue growth for Mastercard through effective consultative sales, optimization, and relationship management activities. You will need to collaborate with colleagues across the Mastercard franchise to deliver bottom line results for our customers and Mastercard.
Right now this position is specifically responsible for account management and sales strategies for one major Regional Account that is one of our most strategic and exclusive partnerships, in addition you could own a number of smaller regional accounts.
• Deliver against aggressive sales targets for Mastercard products & services and net revenue targets from existing and new business.
• Drive the deepening and strengthening of the customer relationship and overall customer satisfaction.
• Identify customer needs and oversee the delivery of integrated solutions that address those needs.
• Support overall strategies that drive customized solutions for the business that drive profit, revenue growth, and value creation for both Mastercard and the customer.
• Collaborate frequently with customers to establish and execute annual business planning and quarterly review sessions to establish, monitor and report progress against joint objectives.
• Secure strategic engagement at multiple levels with identified decision makers and key influencers
• Responsible for specific account revenue and P&L management and results.
All About You:
• In depth payments knowledge or experience, including working in the credit/debit/commercial card space for 5+ years
• Driven, enthusiastic, and collaborative team player
• Proven track record of consultative sales, preferably in financial services / payments industry
• Proven client relationship skills with solid negotiation capabilities and demonstrated influencing skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in strategic thinking, including coordinating multiple internal organizations to support complex customers and complex problems
• Superior presentation skills, communication skills and expertise in PowerPoint
• Understanding of current payments marketplace and market research to anticipate how Mastercard products and solutions can help drive a customer’s business.
• Must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines (e.g., marketing, operations, risk)
• Must demonstrate effective leadership, negotiation, and problem resolution skills
• Travel up to 25%
- Location: Purchase NY, remote US with travel required to New York area & Cleveland
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Remote New York Salary Range: $140,000 - $217,000
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-183768