MasterCard Business Intelligence Developer, ETL in Texas
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Business Intelligence Developer, ETL
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world and to doing well by doing good. Mastercard relies on our global workforce to help us achieve our goal of building a sustainable, inclusive global economy. The Mastercard Way encourages us, connects us with the behaviors that represent the essence of not only what we do but who we are as an organization. Cultivating an environment for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views and experiences drives a global and collaborative culture of inclusion and sense of belonging.
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for a talented software development engineer who is specializing Microsoft Business Intelligent stacks to join our Loyalty Business Intelligence team to scale the platform and continue to deliver business values to our customers.
• Are you passionate about software engineering?
• Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers?
• Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
• Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
• Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
• Do you want to join an inclusive culture where employees, in all their diversity, feel valued, respected and who can bring their authentic selves to work? Learn more at Mastercard’s Corporate Sustainability Report.
• Work with the team to design SQL Server data warehouse architecture with fact tables and dimension tables.
• Design data integration pipelines using Microsoft Integration Service (SSIS).
• Create detailed reports using Microsoft Reporting Service (SSRS).
• Create database objects to facilitate reporting or data migration needs such as stored procedures, views, functions using SQL.
• Develop tabular models through Microsoft Analysis Service (SSAS) to server as a sematic layer for multiple dashboards.
• Develop SSIS package for data migration and cube refresh process.
• Build Power BI data model and dashboards as per user request.
• Perform database query tuning using execution plan and create indexes as needed.
• Conduct team level development guidelines and perform code reviews.
• Coordinate with project managers and product managers to help define iteration planning.
• Work with database administrators to optimize database maintenance plan by creating data files, table partitions and column stored indexes.
• Work closely with product team on identifying and fixing report defects.
• Take on the role of SRE on rotation to support the BI application. Initiate the process to form technical.
• Ability to work from a home office is available.
• Position requires a Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Administration, Applied Computer Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Management Information Systems or related and one (1) year of experience in job offered or as a Software Engineer, Programmer Analyst, or related.
• Qualifying experience must include two (1) year with each of the following: SQL; SQL Server; SSRS; SSIS; Microsoft SSIS; Report Subscription/Management; Azure; SSAS; Testing/Migration and integration; Team Foundation Server(TFS). Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training and/or experience.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161533