MasterCard Software Development Engineer II in Tel Aviv, Israel
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
Cyber Quant evaluates the risk exposure of an organization’s cyber security processes, technology and workforce security practices. Cyber Quant identifies critical security gaps, quantifies cyber security risks specific to the organization and prioritizes next steps to improve security posture and reduce risk. This innovative solution provides organizations with their cyber risk score and executive-level reports in just three weeks.
The Cyberquant team is looking for a Junior Software Development Engineer as technical addition to the cyber tools development efforts and to continuously support running projects inside and outside of CyberQuant - according to SLA requirements, while adding security and development capabilities in order to identify and then improve processes and products.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will:
• Support incoming technical issues for SaaS solution and product tools
• Identify issues, fix and guide users to a solution
• Continuously help to improve products to reduce mistakes and defects in product delivery
• Work in a fast-paced and agile work environment with business-oriented delivery focus.
• Collaborate with developers, cyber security researchers, product designers an QA engineers as a daily routine.
All About You
• Cyber security background or In-Depth knowledge of IT - a must
• Experience in Scripting languages like: python, bash, ruby, etc. or basic development skills
• Prior experience with Unix/Linux and Windows environment
• Prior experience with cloud infrastructure (Dev-Ops experience is a plus)
• Experience working with case ticketing systems
• Ability to identify the root cause of issues
• Excellent communication skills and support attitude.
• Willingness and ability to quickly learn and take on new challenging opportunities
• Demonstrate Mastercard Core Competencies – trust, partnership, initiative, and agility
• Proven ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team
• Detail-oriented and organized, but with a high degree of flexibility while working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of Network protocols - advantage
• Experience with SQL - advantage
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
o Extensive IT experience or cyber security background
o Service and support attitude
o Ability to solve problems fast and effective, but also improve quality over time
o Enjoys working in a fast paced development environment
o Experience with Zendesk, ServiceNow, and other ticketing systems
o Worked on one or more Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, and other cloud platforms
o Experience across various scripting tools and languages
o Experience in various operating systems especially Linus\Unix and Windows
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113919