MasterCard Manager, People Business Partner in Taipei, Taiwan
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, People Business Partner
This position is an individual contributor role and has responsibility for facilitating Human Resources related activities in Mastercard Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Korea. Responsibilities include implementation of HR initiatives, HR strategy and core Human Resources activities. The Manager, Business Partner will act as a cultural change agent, consultant and business advisor in partnering with employees, managers, leaders to enable the execution of business strategies and initiatives. The individual in this role will need to work in close collaboration with business leaders, the North Asia (excl. Japan) People & Capability (P&C) team and Regional P&C teams to ensure processes and initiatives are successfully implemented and effectively developed. This position reports into the VP People Business Partner, North Asia (excl. Japan).
The individual in this role will execute against strategic initiatives designed to enhance HR effectiveness and delivery. This individual will be responsible for managing and performing a wide range of HR activities for the groups that s/he supports. These activities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the management and delivery of core People and Capability (P&C) programs, including talent and performance management, learning, year-end compensation planning, and workforce planning
• Coach managers and employees on development, employee relations and reward issues
• Partner with management to ensure a successful performance management process and a successful change management delivery
• Serves as subject matter expert on the local labor market and regulatory environment
• Oversee the delivery of HR projects and programs and monitors progress against timelines and budgets
• Deliver communication for talent planning, compensation planning and change-management processes
• Responsible for planning and implementing leadership development, performance management, rewards and change management initiatives
• Participate in the day-to-day delivery of local HR projects and serves as the first point of contact for all regional HR inquiries related to the supported business units
• Shares local intelligence and provides a “field perspective” on the effectiveness of programs and initiatives
• Oversee data collection and reporting to apply quantitative and qualitative data to HR process improvement and development
Experience and Education:
• Demonstrated HR Business Partner experience, preferably gained from a multinational work environment
• Demonstrated success coordinating and delivering corporate HR programs/processes (e.g., talent management, compensation planning) and reporting on progress
• Strong local labor law and working knowledge of employee relations
• Experience building relationships in a matrix environment and collaborating with key stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree and/or certification in HR preferred
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and initiatives exercising sound judgment, solutions orientation and flexibility
• Must demonstrate the ability to work cross functionally and across multiple geographies
• Must have good influencing skills and strong analytical, presentation, verbal and written communications skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127432