MasterCard Intern, Mastercard Advisors, Consulting Services-5 in Taipei, Taiwan
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Intern, Mastercard Advisors, Consulting Services-5
MasterCard Advisors is recruiting talented Students for management consulting summer internship positions within our growing Asia Pacific team. Advisors is the consulting services arm of MasterCard Worldwide and, since 1997, has been at the forefront of MasterCard's differentiation, innovation and success.
At MasterCard Advisors, you will have the opportunity to contribute immediately to meaningful client-based work for major companies in Asia Pacific, including many of the region’s largest financial institutions and merchants. Working at Advisors is challenging and engaging every day, and emphasizes team contribution and individual development.
MasterCard Advisors Consulting Services combines strategic problem-solving skills with industry expertise to address the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhance MasterCard's strategic and tactical performance, and establish MasterCard's global thought-leadership pre-eminence. Leveraging our specialized expertise, established client relationships, and analyses based on billions of anonymous transactions, we help financial institutions, merchants, governments and other organizations grow their business or otherwise achieve efficiencies.
Summer interns will be well positioned to apply for MasterCard’s Global College Hire Leadership Program following their time in Advisors. This program provides new college hires the opportunity:
• To gain first-hand external management consulting experience by working across numerous high profile clients in multiple industries, including Asia Pacific’s largest financial institutions and merchants
• To build core consulting skills through engagement work as well as relevant and extensive training & development programs
• To have exposure through project opportunities across Asia Pacific Region
• To be considered for full time roles that exist within Advisors
During your internship at MasterCard Advisors, you will:
Have Meaningful Client-Based Exposure
• Work with external clients to understand their needs and develop strategic solutions
• Participate in final client presentations to senior external stakeholders
• Be a valued and respected team member who actively participates in and contributes to all team discussions
Develop Strategic Recommendations
• Collaborate with colleagues to produce exceptional deliverables for clients around the world
• Leverage subject matter expertise from Advisors partners globally on your client engagements
• Rigorously leverage MasterCard’s internal data resources, including information from over $4T in yearly transactions, to uncover and communicate meaningful insights
Develop Payments-Industry Knowledge
• Become immersed in the fascinating, complex, and fast-moving payments and technology industry
• Contribute to cutting-edge strategy consulting for MasterCard Worldwide and support intellectual capital development for Advisors
1.2 Our Expectations
Core Consulting Skills
• Establish and leverage knowledge of applicable analytical tools & techniques
• Ability to clearly articulate work via presentations and deliverables to clients and internal stakeholders
• Work well with peers and respond to coaching and feedback
• Establish rapport with members of client teams
• Proactively seek new knowledge primarily in project related areas
• Actively share tools, methodologies and best practices across projects
Experience and Skills Needed:
• University student in his / her penultimate year
• Well-rounded individual with significant extracurricular involvement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work on a team and independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Attention to detail
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-77534