MasterCard Associate Managing Consultant in Taipei, Taiwan
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Associate Managing Consultant
Make an Impact as Associate Managing Consultant
• Obtain data from multiple sources, collate, analyse, and triangulate information to develop reliable fact bases
• Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to rigorously identify client issues and synthesize analysis into clear, sound recommendations;
• Structure and prepare draft reports and steering committee presentations that require minimal editing
• Confidently deliver presentations to internal and external clients
• Plan, organize and structure own work and that of Analysts to manage time and effort effectively within project budget / profitability expectations
• Extract intellectual capital from engagement work and actively share tools, methods and best practices across projects
• Support MasterCard Advisors and local market account teams in client relationship management and business development effort
All About You
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Demonstrable consulting skills or equivalent business management experience and internal consulting experience in a major financial institution
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Professional level English language capability
• Strong analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills, including the proven ability to interpret large amounts of data, some of it ambiguous, and translate it into concise rational output that includes recommendations based upon core findings.
• Strong presence & communication skills – both interpersonal & written
• Excellent client management & engagement management skills; collaborates well across multiple communication channels
• Proven team player with proven ability to work with all levels in a highly intellectual, collaborative, and fast paced environment
• Undergraduate or master’s degree and intermediate work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant for at least 2 years
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple projects
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both mid- and executive-level client contacts
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, SQL / data expertise preferred
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-134539