MasterCard Senior Strategy Consultant, Advisors in Stockholm, Sweden
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Strategy Consultant, Advisors
Senior Strategy Consultant/Associate Managing Consultant, Delivery, Data & Services
Mastercard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard, provides payments-focused consulting services (including business strategy, proposition & operating model design, performance optimisation, marketing, information and risk management) to financial institutions and merchants worldwide.
We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
Make an Impact at Mastercard Advisors
At Mastercard Advisors, you will be part of a team of experienced management consultants with backgrounds from top tier consulting firms. Together we work in multinational teams on strategic projects for Mastercard’s partners such as Banks, Merchants and Fintechs. We are not an inhouse consultancy, although we occasionally do projects also for Mastercard. Despite being a global company, you will be part of a small and personal team in the Nordics and Baltics that cares about you and your development.
You will quickly be given the opportunity to take on as much responsibility you want and lead key client engagements, mentor junior teammates, and contribute to the development of new solutions and strategies. Also, the fact that you will be located in the Nordics at our local Stockholm office is especially interesting as our markets are at the forefront of the digital transformation of the payments landscape, which is a key strategic focus area for the global Mastercard organization.
At Mastercard, we truly care about our people and we will support you in having a high quality of life. We offer flexibility and freedom to find the ways of working that fits you best and encourages a sound work/life balance.
Additionally, attractive career opportunities both within Mastercard Advisors and the wider Mastercard organization.
Typically, our projects are of a strategic nature and last for 1-4 months, with recent topics including sustainable payment offering strategy, new consumer value proposition development, market entry strategy, future of payment strategy, loyalty program creation, youth segment strategy, segmentation analysis and customer life cycle marketing campaigns. Additionally, we often leverage our data to help our partners identify new opportunities to increase their performance.
Your role will mainly be to participate in, or lead, a team to deliver such projects. You will also engage with Mastercard leaders in regular strategic discussions to support both business and team development.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Analytic Excellence: Has a strong set of core consulting skills that is leveraged to produce analyses, insights, and recommendations.
• Project Management: Be able, or have an interest, to effectively manage projects and lead teams.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard’s solutions as high-value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
• Teamwork: A true team player and effectively partner with both other consultants and other functional areas across the regional and global teams to bring together all of Mastercard’s resources to our partners.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skill set or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Experience from a strategy consulting organization or a similar role at another company
• Experience from the payments or financial services industry is preferred but not required
• Strong core consulting skills such as problem solving, analytics, communication, story-telling, presentation, teamwork, stakeholder management. Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills required
• High proficiency in spoken and written English and a preference if you speak one of the Nordic languages
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
Key Words: Senior Consultant, Junior Project Manager, Junior Engagement Manager, Senior Associate
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121141