MasterCard Product Owner (Consumer Channels) in Stockholm, Sweden
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Product Owner (Consumer Channels)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Product Management team in Mastercard Payment Services Denmark is looking for Product Owners for our team of professionals who are developing and maintaining our portfolio of B2B and B2C products (e.g. Betalingsservice) and working with future payment solutions in close collaboration with Mastercard colleagues across the world.
We are looking for a Product Owner for our consumer channels (like our new mobile app for Betalingsservice).
As a Product Owner in Mastercard Payment Services, you will
• Take ownership of your product and service portfolio – and curiously search for minor and larger improvements in close collaboration with our business managers
• Support our business managers in developing and implementing new competitive, initiatives
• Support your team(s) with timely business clarifications, feature creation, backlog prioritization and participation in relevant scrum events and Big Room Planning events (PI Planning)
• Support and participate in incident and problem management embracing the concept of “You build it – you own it”
• Be inclusive and communicative in relation to all stakeholders and colleagues
Your official title will be Senior Specialist, Product Management
All About You
The ideal candidate for these positions should:
• have several years of experience as product owner with a proven track record
• preferably have experience with Big Room Planning
• have a structured mind-set and the ability and interest for understanding the technical side of our products and combining it with your product owner skills
• be able to execute independently and feel pride in taking accountability for own tasks
• have experience with Jira and Confluence – or similar agile tools
• be fluent in English (speaking and writing) and preferably be fluent in Danish (speaking and writing)
• available for short-term travel activities
• experienced in UX/UI
• experienced in working with app development teams (IOS/Android)
Additional capabilities and experience:
• Work experience from position(s) within the finance, banking, or IT-sector
• Understanding of the payment eco-system
• Strong communication skills (writer and speaker) and able to communicate complex information effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-159373