MasterCard Technician, Operations Support in St. Louis, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Technician, Operations Support
Provide technical support for MasterCard’s operations environment. Analyze information to determine MasterCard performance and areas of improvement. Test and verify the MasterCard infrastructure to ensure it meets specifications and requirements
• Monitor and take corrective action for problems while minimizing customer impact.
• Create and/or update internal tickets to document monitoring and recovery steps.
• Perform routine maintenance procedures as required by policy or procedure.
• Maintain metrics as defined by management.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge / Experience:
• UNIX scripting and tool monitoring, JCL, MVS, batch scheduling, knowledge of tandem technology.
• Candidate will require basic knowledge of routing/switching, tunneling, security operations/engineering, MPLS.
• OCC Entry Level -- -- Demonstrates ability to function in 2 of the 5 expertise areas in the OCC. (Unix, Mainframe, Production Control, Debit, Network) and is proficient in 1 of the 5 OCC expertise areas. Is a subject matter expert in 1 of the 5 expertise areas of the OCC.
• Firewall experience and file transfer highly desired.
• Effective problem/troubleshooting skills’ written and verbal communication skills; organization and interpersonal skills.
• Some on-call responsibility and occasional off hours work required.
• 12 Hour Shift work.
• Work one weekend day per work week.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-87201