MasterCard Manager, Communication in St. Leonards, United States
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
As Manager, Communications you will be responsible for supporting the regional, divisional and country specific communication plans (internal and external).
You will play a vital part in driving communications that enhance Mastercard’s reputation in earned media, with a strong focus on media relations and reputation management. This role will also be responsible for driving internal communications and managing onsite events within the Australian Tech Hub.
• Responsible for assisting with the development, management and implementation of the overall communication strategy for Australasia
• Lead delivery and execution of major initiatives/campaigns
• Support the management and execution of media strategy for any regulatory issues/challenges for both markets and oversees execution of daily operations and management of the business's news bureau and digital interactions (e.g., digital, social and traditional)
• Lead execution and delivery of internal communications including Town Halls, Masterclasses and employee engagement groups
• Manages any significant Tech Hub events, such as Experience Centre Launch, Vogue Codes
• Oversees all and Twitter content
• Support the communication requirements for international executive visitors
• Identify and secure speaking opportunities that position Mastercard as thought/industry leaders
• Support the management of relationships, negotiate contracts and facilitate service level agreements for all strategic alliances the business has with communications-related vendors, spokespersons and agencies
• Work collaboratively with internal Marketing, Business Development, Public Policy and other stakeholder teams to provide strategic communications consultation and identify opportunities to deliver coverage
• Work closely with Regional & Global Mastercard teams based in Singapore, New York & Europe
• Ensure all policy, regulatory and compliance requirements are met for all communications activity
• Responsible for managing the Communications budget
• Responsible for agency contracts and performance
• Expected to contribute to annual planning and quarterly reviews
• Required to travel domestically – often at peak periods (Christmas) – and internationally
All About You
• Suitable candidates will bring similar experience working with a large corporate brand (agency background would also be considered)
• Strong track record and achievements in developing and delivering creative local communications programs
• Contributed to multiple crisis management communications engagements (e.g., identified resources and tools, contributed to business continuity management, interacts with public policy teams)
• Experience in communicating compelling product value propositions to important audiences (e.g., high profile industry conferences, internal and external stakeholders)
• Developed understanding of global best practices, both in own function and in the broader organization, through experience working in a matrixed or global organization
• Experience working on projects that require a high degree of collaboration with external stakeholders and colleagues across varying business areas
• Demonstrated ability to lead small to medium campaigns, creating and executing strategies that meet business objectives
• Experience with stakeholder management
• Results oriented
• Positive attitude
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-90374