MasterCard SOC Monitoring and Response Analyst II in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
SOC Monitoring and Response Analyst II
The Security Operations team is looking for a SOC Security Monitoring and Response Analyst to sit on the front-line of cybersecurity defense operations. The ideal candidate is passionate about information security and technology, highly motivated, analytical and team player. The role requires strong understanding of cutting edge technology and/or information security principles, analytical thinking, prioritization and team-first mentality.
In this highly visible position, you will:
• Respond to advanced cybersecurity events and incidents.
• Support the incident reponse process, including debriefs to leadership, Fusion Center and peer teams.
• Apply root cause analysis and lessons learned to improve security posture and processes.
• Respond to end user queries, security alerts, solutions that meet security monitoring and response standards.
• Improve cybersecurity technologies and processes in support of the Security Operations Center and Corporate Security department charters.
All About You
Essential requirements of candidates:
• Strong working knowledge of security or experience with information technology (Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Web Proxy, Antivirus, Security Information and Event Management SIEMs, Endpoint Detection agents, etc.).
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP, MITRE ATT&CK, Kill Chain, Vulnerability Management and Networking principles.
• Experience with Windows, Unix Based Operating Systems, and Cloud Security fundamentals is a plus.
• Ability to work effectively in ambiguous and/or high-pressure situations
• Good communication skills.
• Willingness to obtain certification as part of internal skills and readiness program (e.g. CYSA, Security +, CISSP, etc.).
• Previous Security Operations Center experience a plus.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150475