MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Our Payment Gateway Services division offers industry leading, global payment processing services and advanced fraud management solutions - for merchants, industry, partners and acquiring banks. We provide simplified payment processing through omni bank channels and flexible merchant integration. Our global and localised solutions support a wide range of payments methods: electronic wallets, online bank transfers and scheme cards. We do all this at speed while providing maximum data security through full PCI DSS compliance and sophisticated fraud prevention technology.
You will be responsible for building commercial Java-based, distributed, highly available applications, where system performance is critical.
As a senior software development engineer you will report to the manager of your agile development team. You will ensure we are delivering performant, high quality software to our customers by:
• Providing technical expertise for applications, which include secure, mission critical transaction processing systems.
• Building commercial Java-based, SOA, highly available applications, where system performance is critical, while ensuring alignment with development standards.
• Working with Relational Databases such as Postgres and Oracle, as well as noSQL systems such as Cassandra and Elasticsearch
• Collaborating with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs.
• Producing innovative technical solutions aligned with business and architectural strategies.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated experience developing large scale Java services and/or web user interfaces.
• Knowledge of security concerns such as OWASP Top 10 and PCI DSS is desirable.
• Enjoy working with other developers to solve difficult problems.
• Actively involved in your own professional development and skills growth.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121180