MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer - Continuous Engineering in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer - Continuous Engineering
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a leading supplier of online payment services. We are an innovative and ambitious market leader intent on growing our global presence. We follow the best software development and Agile practices, to deliver successfully, again and again.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Level 3 production support team (CE team). The CE team helps our customer technical support team by triaging, exploring, solving, and fixing software issues in support of the customer need.
• Do you have the yearning for cracking the case, sleuthing the root cause, identifying the coding problem and coding the solution?
• Are you an experienced Java developer who can work independently on an end-to-end problem resolution to help customers get the outcome they need?
• Enjoy working with other Software and DevOps professionals to solve difficult technical problems in a supportive culture?
If you are inquisitive by nature and enjoy working with other developers to solve difficult technical problems, we’d love to talk to you about this role!
About this Role
• Maintain and develop a payment gateway product deployed globally.
• Provide 3rd level support to maintain business critical functions for our customers.
• Troubleshoot customer and internal reported issues proposing solutions which meet Mastercard’s requirements for quality.
• Build great code fixes of complex software applications where security, reliability and performance are vital, in support of the customer need.
• Collaborate with DevOps and 2nd level support team members to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Work across our supportive team of internal stakeholders including product managers, business analysts, developers, customer technical support and Business Operations team members in solving the customer production support ticket.
• Work with other technology experts to identify the application problem, find the solution, and build the right test cases to cover all the use cases.
• Provide technical expertise for payment applications, which include secure, mission critical transaction processing systems.
• Lead day to day maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and provide solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Develop a deep understanding of the payments ecosystem and how it operates.
• Mentor and guide juniors in the team.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree or Technical certificate in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years’ experience as a Java developer. Strong Java and Spring experience is essential.
• Knowledge of security concerns such as OWASP Top 10 and PCI DSS is highly advantageous.
• Detail-oriented, proactive and independent; able to focus under pressure.
• Keen to work in a challenging environment where quick learning and resourcefulness are key.
• Desire a supportive, collaborative environment with a strong teamwork ethic.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138629