MasterCard Senior Counsel in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
• Mastercard is looking for an energized corporate/commercial attorney to join its dynamic legal team to serve as a legal partner to the Data & Services (D&S) division of Mastercard. Mastercard D&S provides end-to-end solutions through its loyalty, innovative and proprietary transaction data analyses, and data-driven consulting services to help clients strategically optimize, streamline, and grow their businesses.
• Under the direction of the VP, Senior Managing Counsel, Data & Services – Asia Pacific, this position will provide legal support primarily for the Mastercard D&S division in the Asia Pacific Markets (AP) region, initially with a focus on Australia and New Zealand – with an opportunity to expand the profile of the role.
• The position will be located at Mastercard’s HQ in Australia (St Leonard’s, Sydney)
• Structure, draft and negotiate commercial contracts. Assist with strategic/complex deals with Financial Institutions and leading merchants/corporate enterprises. Typical agreements are sales focused and include transactional agreements, consulting agreements, technology/platform agreements, SaaS agreements, marketing and promotional campaign agreements;
• Collaborate with legal colleagues across the AP region and globally on product development and go-to-market implementation. Management of external counsel;
• Become a trusted advisor to a high focus business unit within Mastercard; counselling the business on deal matters as well as general business matters; High level of interaction with business clients across the organization;
• Manage wide-ranging issues (for both B2B as well as B2B2C business) such as data usage/privacy, intellectual property, compliance, regulatory, competition and tax by partnering with subject matter experts in these areas and other stakeholder teams, and balancing these issues against reputational risk to ensure commercial agreements are consistent with corporate strategy, internal policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations;
• Identify and implement process and procedure efficiencies in the provision of legal services; and
• Provide back-up support to international colleagues across the AP region and globally, as needed.
All About You
• Transactional training and experience (preferably from a highly reputable law firm) and ideally some inhouse experience. PQE expectations are 8-10+; Must have drafting and negotiations skills;
• Must be pragmatic, solutions-oriented, business-friendly, creative, thought provoker, and an advocate for the business and have a “let’s make it happen” and “Yes, if” attitude;
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, including with our global colleagues, but also take direction from manager and other team members, as appropriate;
• Must multi-task effectively in an extremely fast-paced team environment with short turnaround times;
• Must have strong communication skills to interact with clients and colleagues;
• Must be a team player and willing to take on responsibilities and roles that support the team, region, department and the company;
• Must be interested in significant and regular contact with the business clients and management with respect to transactional and operational issues as well as other strategic issues that have a significant impact on Mastercard's operations, strategies and financial performance.
• A law degree and admission in good standing
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the D&S business.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-133766