MasterCard Principal Systems Platform Architect in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Systems Platform Architect
Platform Architecture & Infrastructure Design are responsible for bringing together emerging product and application requirements with MasterCard's core networking and security principles along with enterprise architecture's long term roadmap strategies to drive secure, reliable and standards compliant implementations to service our global customer base.
In this role with MasterCard Payment Gateway Services you will analyse product requirements in order to determine either best fit from existing standards or research and advise on new or emerging standards in collaboration with our core architecture and security teams to drive quality solutions for customer payments, major merchant integrations and major processors.
• Responsible for designing, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application products in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Accountable for developing high quality, secure, scalable solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs.
• Co-ordinate between differing technology domains to drive delivery of high quality end to end solutions.
• Create systems and testing documentation per department standards.
• Follow standards in development and testing to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements.
• Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
• Support collection and reporting of project and internet metrics.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• 10+ years of experience in a technical role designing or supporting mission critical infrastructure and/or software.
• Expert knowledge of internetworking principles and middleware technologies.
• Advanced knowledge of both traditional and modern serverless infrastructure, experience with containerization and/or cloud deployments is desirable.
• Advanced understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery principles and tools.
• Familiar with programmatic data structures and "Configuration/Infrastructure as Code" practices
• Intermediate understanding of, and experience with, Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required however a previous development role is not a pre-requisite with DevOps/BizOps experience also suitable.
• Must be detail-oriented and proactive in engagement with stakeholders, technical peers and compliance teams.
• Must possess high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities with the ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks and tools.
• Strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Able to produce detailed technical documentation/schematics and customer or stakeholder oriented presentations regarding the architecture.
• Comfortable working in a global organization and liaising with colleagues/customers in multiple geographies and cultures.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126921