MasterCard Manager, Security Operations Center (SOC) in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Security Operations Center (SOC)
The Security Operations Center (SOC) is a high-performance team responsible for security monitoring and response using advanced toolsets. The team is available 24/7 though a globally distributed operational team. The Manager, Sydney Security Operations Center is a key member the security monitoring and response organization, providing leadership in direct support of security operations.
• Do you want to be part of the team handling complex technical monitoring and response functions?
• Have you led and grown the capabilities of a technical team?
• Do you want to adapt to an ever-changing security environment to ensure that your team is ready for future threats?
• Lead our Sydney Security Operations Center focused on daily monitoring and responding to cybersecurity events and incidents.
• Provides guidance, coaching, and expertise to the team to facilitate their growth, along with the growth in capabilities of the SOC.
• Lead and maintain efforts to integrate cloud technology into the SOC’s operations.
• Contributes to the SOC’s strategy, process documentation, and the incident response plan.
• Ensures high quality and consistent operations from the team in a global follow the sun model.
• Identify people, process, and technology gaps within the security operations center and lead efforts to address them.
• Measure and report key performance indicators (KPIs) to senior leadership.
• Create a culture of inclusiveness and diversity within the team.
All About You
• Three to five years of experience in Security Operations or related fields, preferably within a Security Operations Center (SOC)
• Past technical security DFIR experience in responding to security alerts and incidents.
• Familiarity with cloud technology including AWS, and Azure.
• Ability to formulate security monitoring strategies and processes for monitoring public cloud and on-premises infrastructure.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate complex technical security concepts to leadership in metrics, written and oral formats.
• Ability to partner with technical and business teams to deliver highly effective security monitoring and response services.
• Hold or able to gain one or more recognized security industry certifications like Security+, CEH, CISSP, CISM, SANS GSEC/GMON/GCIH etc.
• Strong understanding of ATT&CK Framework, Common Attacks, and NIST incident handling.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in ambiguous and/or high-pressure situations.
• Experience in participating in audits and compliance efforts such as ISO, NIST, PCI.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150141