MasterCard Manager, Product Experience Design in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Experience Design
Manager, Product Experience Design
MasterCard is looking for brilliant and passionate Product and User Experience Designers to join its customer-facing global R&D / innovation services team – Labs as a Service.
Mastercard Labs as a Service is a rapid-prototyping, piloting, and innovation design services team, working with Mastercard’s global customer base of Fortune 500 companies, and spanning all aspects of global commerce.
In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile and expert team of creatives, SMEs, product development specialists and engineers working to build conceptual prototypes and quick-to-market test & learn projects. You will create rich, engaging experiences to bring highly conceptual ideas to life. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a world-class innovation team, dynamically solving real-world customer problems, and delivering transformational product and service solutions focused on globally trending topics and issues.
Key experience required is that you are already a rock-star product and UX designer with a passion for product development and innovation.
• Do you enjoy fast paced dynamic environments?
• Do you have a strong track record in rapid prototyping and creating beautiful user interfaces?
• Do you embrace collaboration and working on your own – delivering new and exciting projects, and learning new technologies (e.g. Web3, Fintech, DeFi)?
• Do you have a passion for product design and technology innovation?
• Do you have a high energy, can-do attitude, strong sense of ownership and desire to succeed?
• In this role you will be working with an expert team of creatives, SMEs, product development specialists and developers to deliver product innovation events at client sites internationally. (This job requires approximately 25% - 35% travel)
• For each project, you’ll work to understand the client and their customer, the problem to be solved, and decide on the best design approach. You’ll be responsible for creating sketches, flows, wireframes, visuals, and hi-fidelity prototypes as needed to collaboratively design with the client and the Labs as a Service team.
• When not traveling, your days will be a mix of preparing for upcoming events by researching and preparing materials and wrapping-up completed events by making final changes to the deliverables.
In addition to these innovation events and projects, you will also support:
• Longer-term engagements such as detailed design iterations and prototyping for concept and usability testing, as well as pilot projects.
• Deepening Lab’s future design and innovation capabilities
• Supporting regional growth and team needs.
• Ensure all projects are completed on time, on budget and to world class standards.
• Be a leader for Design Innovation inside MasterCard Labs as a Service.
• Extensive experience in rapid prototyping.
• Proven ability to work on own initiative and deliver results.
• Extensive experience in Agile development with Strong design skills and experience
• Expert knowledge of mobile devices and capabilities.
• Prior experience of both start-up and corporate environments.
Desired technical skills:
• Deep experience with common UX design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
• Experience (7 years ideally) in a UX Designer role, preferably with mobile applications.
• Experience presenting designs and explaining design decisions to stakeholders and clients.
• Experience working closely with developers and product owners and ability to help drive consensus amongst differing viewpoints.
• Ability to work quickly and independently, and to accept feedback, direction, and shifting priorities graciously.
• Experience with design thinking or other innovation/user experience design and ideation methodologies and techniques. (Experience facilitating design exercises a plus.)
• Experience creating and/or using a variety of design artifacts, for example personas, journey maps, user flows, scenarios, storyboards, sketches, and wireframes.
• Strong visual design skills and a passion for creating compelling, intuitive, and beautiful interfaces.
• Great presentation and story-telling skills to get alignment and buy-in from stakeholders
• Experience with print design, illustration, and/or visual identity a strong plus.
• Experience in both start-up and corporate environments a plus.
• Experience designing chat, voice, and/or retail interactions a plus.
• Willingness to travel
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Self-organized, understand and promotes team dynamics
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-169869