MasterCard Manager, Digital Product Management - E-comm and Checkout in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Digital Product Management - E-comm and Checkout
Join our product and innovation team focused on digital products revolutionising ecommerce checkout and payments.
You will play a pivotal role in conceptualizing and scaling products that will transform the online checkout value proposition for consumers, merchants, payment gateways/acquirers, and issuers.
• Drive the end-to-end product ownership in the market, focused on issuer and acceptance enablement of MDES, Token Connect, and Click to Pay.
• Development and execute go-to-market strategy, focused on strategic scale, delivery, and customer experience.
• Manage issuer and acceptance pipeline/readiness
• Be the Product and Technical SME, supporting product functionality, architecture, systems dependencies, use cases, UX, interfaces, associated data flows, and dependent applications/services.
• Internal presentations including steerco reporting to senior stakeholders, product training and key updates
• External presentations including sales and implementation presentations, proposals, and business case development
• Build strong working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to achieve product goals
• Participate in business conversations with key decision makers internally and externally
• Manage product roadmap and optimisation
All About You:
• Passionate and knowledgeable about technology, innovation, payments, and digital commerce.
• Knowledge of the payments landscape – preferably with background in technology, acceptance, digital and/or acquirer roles - with a keen eye on business needs.
• Strong presentation and communication skills – confidence to credibly present to internal and external stakeholders
It would also be great if:
• Knowledge and experience of working with retailers, payment service providers, payment gateways, or commerce platforms
• Relevant experience in digital payments, ideally including experience working with Digital Wallets and online guest checkout.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-182495