MasterCard Manager, Business Development - Open Banking in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business Development - Open Banking
Leveraging Mastercard’s global payments network, our account-to-account business provides domestic and cross-border solutions to enable the frictionless future of payments.
We help our customers leverage rich messaging functionality and applications to capture business and consumer payment flows both domestically and cross-border; offer solutions to connect, enable, and safeguard the Open Banking ecosystem, and protect banks and their customers from financial crime.
All this is supported by account-based data insights and consulting to help our clients optimise their payment strategies across the world.
As Manager, Business Development your focus will be to grow revenue by identifying and pursuing opportunities with new or existing customers/markets.
As an individual contributor you will be focusing on driving the Open Banking agenda with a cross-functional Mastercard team you will, set sales strategies aligned with geography and segment strategy and be responsible for the pipeline management at the segment level, including:
· Assists with the development of a sales pipeline in coordination with product development and account management teams
· Helps prepare for and participates in conversations with key decision makers about product opportunities
· Analyzes customers’ existing business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis
· Develops financial modeling and business cases for identified business development opportunities
· Supports the execution and management of the customer contract agreement process
· Assists in evaluating the deal process to deliver efficiencies and added improvements
· Enhances ongoing business development relationships (e.g., financial institutions, large multinationals, fintechs etc.)
All About You
· Suitable candidates will demonstrate proven experience in selling SaaS or technology related products or services with a track record of consistently closing new business
· Previous experience and/or a passion for digital identity, open banking and payments is also highly desirable
· Experience executing and managing business development strategies for mid-sized countries/regions/industry verticals
· Demonstrate a track record in achieving business development targets and building customer relationships through customer sales
· Shown success introducing existing and new/emerging solutions in a specific Mastercard country/region/industry vertical
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139017