MasterCard Lead Systems Platform Engineer (UNIX/DevOps) in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Systems Platform Engineer (UNIX/DevOps)
The Lead System Platforms Engineer will have proven experience designing, implementing, and monitoring Linux infrastructure and includes skills in automation. The person will maintain Linux systems and collaborate with other IT professionals to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. The Lead Systems Platform Engineer resolves user issues, addresses change management requests, identifies potential issues, and implements protective measures.
Typical duties and responsibilities
· Advanced knowledge in installing, configuring and maintaining physical and virtual servers in a Linux environment
· Advanced knowledge in developing and implementing backup and disaster recovery strategies
· Monitor system health and service performance including tuning, troubleshooting, and debugging servers through both automated and manual processes
· Design, develop, and implement infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
· Perform server hardware/software maintenance, patching, and upgrades (OEL and RHEL)
· Implement and support Mastercard security policies and help enforce compliance
· Create test automation frameworks in collaboration with team members or other IT departments
· Develop processes to help increase functionality and efficiency of available infrastructure
· Maintain software repositories and apply software updates
· Troubleshoot networking, Unix/Linux systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational problems utilizing associated Linux and UNIX command line and management tools
· Create and/or modify shell scripts to provide automation, diagnostics, or logging
· Help support and mature agile workflows and strengthen security posture by optimizing processes including designing, building, implementing, and optimizing CI/CD pipelines.
· Design and code software solutions that help automate manual processes.
· Ensure current systems architecture and implementation of solutions match Mastercard standards and work toward continuous improvement.
· Create and maintain documentation for procedures, configurations, and programs.
· Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems
· Mentor new and junior team members
· Support Mastercard DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) and ESG (environmental, social, and corporate governance) objectives
Required skills and qualifications
· Strong shell scripting skills
· Knowledge of automation technologies including Chef or Ansible
· Excellent communication and documentation skills
· Experience with Linux servers in physical and virtualized environments
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-147248