MasterCard 2023 Mastercard Launch, Associate Product Specialist, Product Management in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
2023 Mastercard Launch, Associate Product Specialist, Product Management
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Mastercard Launch program is aimed at early career talent, to help you develop skills and gain cross-functional work experience. Over a period of 18 months, Launch participants will be assigned to a business unit, learn and develop skills, and gain valuable on the job experience. Successful candidates will be assigned to a business unit within International Markets and rotate for a duration of 2 x 9 months each for a total of 18 months.
• Partner cooperatively in a team environment to support evolution of a wide array of strategic programs across Mastercard business
• Liaise with customers to identify opportunities to enhance current products and develop solutions that meet the needs of the market
• Analyze Mastercard’s vast data resources to generate valuable insights to facilitate, customer outcomes and develop new business opportunities
• Perform project management duties, creating and documenting processes, developing timelines, managing compliance cases, supporting risk mitigation for our third parties
• Communicate with cross-functional stakeholders to develop customer narratives, customer presentations and analyses.
• Interface with customers, both internal and external, to effectively communicate progress on joint initiatives and create greater awareness about payment trends, thought leadership and best practices
• Perform desktop research to identify regional or global trends and develop competitor intelligence and other data points to inform business strategy and aid with decision making
• Assist with ad hoc requests, participate in special projects as required, and provide cross-functional support as needed
All About You:
• Graduating Seniors – class of 2022
• Analytical, investigative and problem-solving skills
• Strategic thinker with ability to derive and translate data analytics to meet business goals
• Sound written and verbal communication skills
• Project management skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail
• A Collaborative, team player who shows initiative and curiosity to learn from the team and partners well with colleagues
• Must be able to work independently in developing and mapping out solutions
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, handle multiple tasks, consistently meet established deadlines, and deliver exceptional results
• Expert PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access; programming and coding ability a plus
• Experience with Tableau, Domo, or other comparable business intelligence tools
• Understanding of risk management disciplines
• English required
• Additional languages a plus
Please note that Mastercard Australia will not be able to sponsor employment visa therefore only candidates who possess full legal working rights in Australia will be considered.
Start date: 6 February 2023 (firm)
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-135098