MasterCard 2021/ 2022 Summer Internship, Business Development & Digital in St. Leonards, Australia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
2021/ 2022 Summer Internship, Business Development & Digital
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
The Mastercard Intern Program is a comprehensive program where students will gain hands on real work-life skills while having fun and contributing to a global company. As an intern, you will be challenged with completing projects that will enhance your skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives. Successful candidates will be assigned to a business unit within International Markets for 10 - 12 weeks.
Business Development & Digital
The Business Development & Digital Team’s executes our Digital by Default Strategy and go-to-market plan to extend payments and expanding digital acceptance technologies.
• Work with the team to deliver targets for customer enrollment on Digital Solutions
• Work on projects to gain awareness of Digital trends and product offerings.
• Develop strong internal relationships within Mastercard to enable the customer to achieve their business goals and differentiate Mastercard from the competitors.
• Work with account managers and country managers across the division.
• Effectively work with the team to engage financial institutions, account managers and delivery team to support the successful launch of the solutions/services.
Program Dates & Components:
• Impactful assignments that drive business results
• Networking sessions and leadership speakers series
• Volunteer and team building experiences
• Evidence of strong academics, penultimate year of study ( graduating End of 2022)
• Innovative thinking and thoughtful risk taking
• Strong technical, system and operations knowledge within financial services
• Project management, problem solving and planning skills with a demonstrated record of successfully managing multiple projects
• Ability to work on a team and independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Experience of worked in technology roles in financial institutions is an added advantage.
Experience and Skills needed:
• Energetic and enterprising individual
• Display high degree of initiative & agility
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Application End date will be: 30th September 2021
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-135695