MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in South Carolina
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Job Posting Title
Senior Software Development Engineer
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
•Do you have what it takes to technically own a product and drive a solution to
• Are you motivated to be a part of a high performing team delivering solutions with agility?
• Design & develop a world class event-driven applications for our payments platform
• Innovate new technologies in the payments space
• Scale next-generation edge computing platforms
•Experienced and proactive senior software engineer for a world class distributed agile development team in the payments space.
• Contribute to the team and wider platform on a daily basis the design and development of the platform.
• Work with internal stakeholders and senior management to define business requirements and assist in the prioritization of tasks for the development team.
• Mentor junior members of the team.
• Contribute to architectural discussions and work across other products to ensure alignment with the rest of the product suite.
All About You
• Ideally full stack experienced developer with strong/expert level Java development/architecture experience with Spring/Git Expertise.
• Proven experience building world class solutions on a global scale.
• Strong experience working in an agile environment and actively contributing to discussions at retrospectives/elaboration sessions.
• Experience with various coding languages Java, Go, C++,ESQL, etc.
• Experience with gRPC framework is a plus
• Experience in CI/CD pipeline creation via Jenkins
• Experience in event driven systems (Apache Kafka, NATS, etc)
• Solid experience with RESTful APIs and JSON/SOAP based API with Java.
• Ability to debug server-side API calls, and contribute to the design of best-practice RESTful APIs
• Knowledge of cloud native development such as cloud foundry, AWS, etc.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161273