MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Shanghai, China
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Enterprise Data Solutions team is looking for a Big Data Engineer to drive our mission to unlock potential of data assets by consistently innovating, eliminating friction in how users access data from its Big Data repositories and enforce standards and principles in the Big Data space. The candidate will be part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing Data Engineering solutions in the data and analytics domain.
• Develop high quality, secure and scalable data pipelines using spark, Scala/ python on Hadoop or object storage.
• Leverage new technologies and approaches to innovate with increasingly large data sets.
• Drive automation and efficiency in Data ingestion, data movement and data access workflows by innovation and collaboration.
• Understand, implement and enforce Software development standards and engineering principles in the Big Data space.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Perform assigned tasks and production incident independently.
All About You
• 6+ years of experience in Data Warehouse related projects in product or service-based organization
• Expertise in Data Engineering and implementing multiple end-to-end DW projects in Big Data environment
• Experience of building data pipelines through Spark with Scala/Python/Java on Hadoop or Object storage
• Experience of building Nifi pipelines
• Experience of working with Databases like Oracle, Netezza and have strong SQL knowledge
• Strong analytical skills required for debugging production issues, providing root cause and implementing mitigation plan
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
• Ability to multi-task across multiple projects, interface with external / internal resources
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, and perform POC to explore best solution for the problem statement
• Flexibility to work as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project teams
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140190