MasterCard Senior Network Engineer, MasterCard AP in Shanghai, China
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Network Engineer, MasterCard AP
Supports and assists with the design, architecture, implementation, security and support of large multi-site, multi-vendor MPLS network communication environments.
• Develop detailed requirements for upgrading existing corporate and MasterCard networks, as well as re-architecting network segments in order to facilitate new requirements, technologies and growth.
• Resolves network communications and operations problems impacting customer or backbone access and performance globally.
• Participates in telecommunications-related initiatives.
• Research and develop innovative solutions around unified network solutions.
• Supports assigned regional projects, which include responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and implementation.
• Resolve IT systems related issues with internal departments and clients. Document and communicate courses of action as appropriate, and apply key learning where possible.
• Perform audit of system logs for any alerts or failure events, including performance monitoring, and make appropriate recommendations
• Work to meet all agreed Service Levels, recorded through logging of activity and reflected key performance indicators.
• Identify and document opportunities for improvement in applications and other technical systems used by IM.
• Continuously review work practices and procedures to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and output with minimal risk to the business - including risk management.
All About You
• Three to five years of overall IT experience in the following areas: - Networking, including LAN/WAN - Firewalls - wireless - Security and encryption technologies
• Experience with TCP/IP protocol communications.
• Broad knowledge of Cisco’s product portfolio.
• Broad knowledge of Project Management methodology and best practices.
• Knowledge of Network diagnostics, BGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, MPLS technologies.
• Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Team player who is able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong verbal, written communications skills with a self-starter mentality that demonstrates exceptional listening skills, eg; Limited supervision; work may be reviewed for direction and strategy.
• Serves as a mentor to lower level employees and uses good judgment.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137233