MasterCard Senior Engineer, Software Engineering in Shanghai, China
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Engineer, Software Engineering
• The ability to build and operate a payments processing platform in a new market
• Represent Mastercard operations & technology interests within region
• Viewed as the subject matter expert in your particular field of expertise
• Ability to work in a “start-up” environment
• Closely liaison with key stakeholders and potential 3rd party resources
• Have you ever brought a product to market in an emerging market?
• Have you worked in a “start-up” environment from design-build-operate?
• What experiences do you have working in a highly regulated environment?
• May manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative, or may formally supervise a small team, and assigns day-to-day work
• Designs and develops applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, performs vendor-related activities, and creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides
• Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software development tools
• Significant advanced code development, code review and modest day-to-day support duties
All About You
• Experience working in projects across functions within and outside of IT (within local country)
• Advanced in software development
• Intermediate in commercial focus
• Foundational in architecture and design
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-100474