MasterCard Senior Database Engineer in Shanghai, China
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Database Engineer
• Responsible for defining and maintaining the data architecture and associated data maintenance, integration and load processes for the organization
• Identifies and selects appropriate technologies;develops, builds, and maintains database technologies and associated software products
• Writes and supports the development of SQL tuning statement procedures to optimize SQL tuning and query development
• Performs database implementations to optimize system/platform performance, efficiency, and capacity; may guide others on implementation and troubleshooting activities
• Supports database security posture which includes escalating potential concerns, and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Drafts and reviews status reports and troubleshooting guides, carrying out project plans to ensure project milestones are met and progress is successfully communicated
• Recommends and implements business and process improvements to facilitate optimal performance
• Assists in the design, development, and testing of processes for physically loading initial data into a databases and for loading cyclical data
• Independently contributes to system-level programs in support of database development and production support
• Experience in at least one database technology, technical or application area
• Experience designing and testing database architecture standards or frameworks
• Experience supporting automation and/or cloud delivery effort
• Gains experience implementing technology initiatives to suggest recommendations to improve database processes and architecture for own area of responsibility
• Experience participating in an assigned global technology domain or sub-domain (e.g., providing inputs around specific technologies)
• Participates in business resource groups and global communities
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130069