MasterCard Principal Strategic Program Manager in Shanghai, China
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Strategic Program Manager
• Provides each line of business with a single point of contact to better align technology investments and assets to deliver expected business and financial benefits
• Work with business partners to align business and IT roadmaps, provide IT solutions to business opportunities, gather and document requirements, and prioritize projects in light of the economic measures and business cases for the line of business
• Manage all technology aspects for the line of business from project development through operational excellence, providing transparency to our business partners across all technology and operational needs
• Formally supervises and coaches a large group/team, or several Leaders/ Consultants
• Ensures own teams compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Helps identify and coach top talent within own teams (includes direct reports and second-line reports)
• Anticipates potential planning gaps and the impact of changes to improve plan specifics in current/ future projects across more complex work efforts
• Identifies when a project is going off-track and adjusts as needed to guarantee internal customer expectations are met
• Anticipates future project risks and thoroughly prepares contingency plans by voluntarily going beyond expectations across technology project initiatives
All about you:
• Experience leading implementation initiatives
• Financial background
• Demonstrated knowledge and some experience in payments, the mobile and/or eCommerce market, and technologies
• Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of strategy, planning, and project management preferred
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-160938