MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer (IOS/ANDROID Development, Prototyping) in Shanghai, China
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer (IOS/ANDROID Development, Prototyping)
• Mastercard is looking for brilliant and passionate Mobile Software Developers to join its customer facing global R&D / innovation services team – Labs as a Service.
• Set up in 2014 Labs as a Service is a rapid prototyping and innovation design services team, working with Mastercard’s global customer base.
• In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile team of engineers within Mastercard Labs as a Service, working to build product prototypes and pilots, in collaboration with global brands in commerce
• This is an opportunity to become part of a world class engineering team, dynamically solving real world customer problems - delivering transformational product and service solutions – focused on trending topics and issues globally.
• This engineering team will have a diverse focus both in terms of geography and variety of technology challenge and is the first team go-to market team as part of a global mobilization plan for this business unit.
• Are you a talented mobile software developer with a passion for technology development and innovation?
• Do you have a strong track record in rapid prototyping and delivering new and exciting projects, and learning new technologies (e.g. Wearable Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things)
• Do you have a passion for product design and technology innovation and have a high energy, can-do attitude and strong sense of ownership /desire to succeed?
• Experienced Mobile App developer
• Extensive experience in rapid prototyping.
• Attention to detail and subtleties of UI design and implementation.
• Understanding of design patterns.
• Ability to design for scalability and resilience.
• Strong application process flow and problem solving techniques
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks, perform production incident management
• Advanced level knowledge of React and React Native
• Advanced level knowledge of Node.js
• Experience in interfacing with RESTful services
• Experience integrating 3rd Party SDKs
• Passion for design principles, patterns and practices
• Depth of experience in custom UI design, animations and interactions
• Excellent self-starter who always thinks MVP first with the ability to work in a small, startup-style, agile and fast-paced team
• Demonstrated ability to take responsibility and work in a self-directed manner.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for collaboration and teamwork
• Comfortable working with UX, Visual and Motion Designers
Desirable skills/experience (but not requirements)
• Experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Experience in both start-up and corporate environments
• Experience with development in building apps for both iOS and Android
• Any experience with native iOS (ObjC/Swift) or native Android (Java/Kotlin) development
• Experience building Internet of Things (IoT) devices/interfaces
• Own portfolio of apps (please include links & descriptions)
• Design Sprints experience
• Experience building Conversational UI (CUI / VUI) and Bots (WeChat, Xiaoice
• Amazon Alexa, FB Messenger, Google Assistant)
• Developing for different form factors (Mobile, Tablet, Watch, TV, Auto, Smart Display, Kiosk)
• Experience with Artificial Intelligence (NLP/ ML/ CNN/ RNN)
• Experience with cloud computing platforms
• Financial services, banking and payment systems experience
• Flexibility in technology and tools choices
• Good communication and interaction skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113969