MasterCard Lead BizOps Engineer in Shanghai, China
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead BizOps Engineer
• The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform, by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Mastercard’s technology platforms
• We accomplish this by linking every technology recommendation with a business value, continuously monitoring platform health indicators, and elevating awareness when one of our main objectives is at risk
• Support daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business implications of our products
• Shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process
• Proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications
• Streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities
• Centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
• Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs
• Takes focus on specific areas of Business Operations for a platform.
• Responsible for coordinating with one or more groups to ensure platform goals are met.
• Develops plans to improve quality on a group of applications of a platform.
• Ensures platform procedures interact with other related systems.
• Researches new methodologies to improve Business Operations.
• Coaches junior level employees on Business Operations best practices.
• Experience in application development lifecycles and how it integrates with operations.
• Successful track record in supporting a production application.
• Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships.
• Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency.
• Identifying and communicating risks proactively that can prevent incidents for all lines of business.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-183629