MasterCard Director, Business Development - Strategic Merchant Development in Shanghai, China
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Business Development - Strategic Merchant Development
• The role of BL-Acceptance Lead within the Greater China Divisional Acceptance & Merchant Development team will support and contribute to the divisions overall Acceptance & Merchant priorities.
• Assist to identify and develop strategic market opportunities with the target sector/industry to enhance MasterCard’s position to the development of alternative payment channel and new revenue stream and the enhancement of cobrand partnership.
• Actively search for business opportunities with E-commerce, Travel, Telco, and Retail verticals players on co-branding credit/prepaid/debit, mobile, e-commerce and other payment solutions to build a sizable alternative business and revenue contribution as well as to optimize traditional banking business for stronger and profitable partnership.
• Assess internal solutions; explore the opportunity for local adoption; leverage knowhow to the establishment of solution capability in target markets.
• Explore a differentiated market entry strategy in the Greater China to support local market development initiatives.
• Monitor on an ongoing basis on industry trends and developments, and competitor activity to identify opportunities to be applied towards enhancing business growth.
• Monitor and ensure the efficient running of the operational infrastructure to support market development initiatives.
• Assist Head of Market Development to cooperate with regional and global Market Development groups to ensure the regional and global strategies are successfully implemented.
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or equivalent work experience applying sales leadership preferred
• Significant knowledge and sales experience in the payments business with solid exposure to acceptance, acquirer & merchant issues
• Sales strategy development, execution, and account management
• Excellent leadership, presentation, and sales skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environment and ability to effectively coordinate with peers, and ability to work in a matrix organization
• Analytical skills; Conceptual thinking; Problem resolution; Strategic planning; ability to run data reports and analyze data
• Good Language skill in both Chinese and English
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-84980